Hi Friends! Welcome to My Page! My name is Melissa, I am currently working at a Medical Billing Office & attending school. My Major is Teacher Education for Grades 7-12 in Biology. I’m a really down to earth person, a perfectionists which can get annoying at times, I’m very patient, likes to learn new things and always willing to help others. If you look through my page you can see I LOVE taking pictures, not just any type of pictures more specially just foods. My dream of becoming a teacher has been one since I was a little girl and I cannot wait until I accomplish this mission. If there is any thing you would like to know just feel free to ask.
As I watched the Gardner video he points out three major points. The first is Narrating which should involve both teachers and students. Gardner wants students to discover things on their own by investigating, exploring, blogging and creating their own virtual space that students can build. He talks about Cyberinfrastructure and wants students to be the architects and create, produce and communicate with others. Next Gardner talked about Curating which he wants students, professors and others to arrange there space so when others come to visit they can understand and get a sense of your identity. Lastly, Gardner explains sharing which is us putting ourselves out there which is very valuable and a great way to communicate.
Some of the Gardner’s quotes
..”We are entering the new age of education that is programed for discovery rather than instruction.” The word Discovery stood out to me because it leads to a Do It Yourself Attitude in my opinion rather than just having instructions read to you.
“Well what will i say with that? What do you want to say? I don’t know, just tell me what you want me to write.” I like this quote because some students are lazy to go out and discover on their own their own they just want there teachers to tell them what do and that’s it.
“I’d like to think students life begin life’s work when they come to school.”
Before I took this class AC 230, I took AC 101 which was completely different from AC 230. In my AC 101 class the Professor did not challenge us like my Professor in AC 230. In AC 101 it was a hybrid class as well but the Professor would just give us readings to do and I’m guilty of not do the readings because there were no assignments to followup on those readings just quizzes on the Boring Blackboard that was only for our use and practice. I am so HAPPY and i wish there really were more Professors like Professor Smith who lets us learn on our own and gives us assignments that when I walk out of the classroom I ‘ve actually learned something BRAND NEW. I am excited to communicate with my classmates about their work and getting there feedback along with my Professor which is very helpful. I learned so many things such as how to edit pictures in pixIr, how to edit a photo in Photoshop, how to make a video and upload it to YouTube. From taking this class I now have my own Blog which I am still building, growing, learning, exploring and discovering and I’m enjoying every moment of it. Enjoy it ..
Here are some suggestions for your first post.
- You can find new ideas for what to blog about by reading the Daily Post.
- Add PressThis to your browser. It creates a new blog post for you about any interesting page you read on the web.
- Make some changes to this page, and then hit preview on the right. You can always preview any post or edit it before you share it to the world.
Lab Experiment #2 For My Biology Students – Grades 5-6
To Do: I would like my students to research some experiments of there choice and of something they have interest in. I would like them to
- Present a Question for the experiment
- Perform it with One Partner
- Present the experiment in Video Format
- Upload to YouTube
My Example – My Question to you is: What do yeast like to eat?
- Yeast is a fungus and it likes to eat, just like me and you
- Yeast produces Carbon Dioxide just like me and you
- Yeast will grow when it has food and water
- Yeast can be used in baking and if you take a slice of bread and if you look at it carefully you will see bubbles which are the Carbon Dioxide bubbles produced by the yeast
- I will be using Sugar, Salt, Flour and the Control which will just have yeast and water, then to each I will add one packet of yeast and water.
- I am using zip block bags so I will be able to capture Carbon Dioxide.
- Next, I will identify what the yeast likes to eat by the amount of bubbles produced which is the Carbon Dioxide.
- Does it like Salt? Does it like Flour? Does it like Sugar? Or None? Watch the Video and Enjoy!
In order to do this assignment I used the video camera on my phone to record and then I uploaded the video to YouTube.